Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First to go [Collab]

3 posters

Go down

First to go [Collab] Empty First to go [Collab]

Post by Shinteki Mon May 13, 2013 6:33 pm

STREAM

sooo here's a collab i did with my friend, we worked really hard on it and i would like to get some feedback since we haven't been editing for a long time and we are still trying to improve Razz

part 1 - karikuri9 - disappearance of haruhi suzumiya
part 2 - me - Bleach
part 3 - karikuri9 - the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya
part 4 - me - Bleach / Naruto

anime used; haruhi,bleach,naruto
song; 3 days grace - last to know
download link; will edit once i upload it ( my internet is super slow T_T)
Shinteki
Shinteki

Back to top Go down

First to go [Collab] Empty Re: First to go [Collab]

Post by Kisagi Tue May 14, 2013 2:16 am

Hmm... Let me op it this way since I haven't done it in a while. Though, it's pretty much the same way code does it.

Concept/Originality: Okay, for this I didn't really get what you both were getting at. With these two sources and the music it seems like a good story and sensitivity was going to be behind it, but it didn't. If you wanted to do something like this then you could have chose another song and maybe it could have worked out better.

Editing/Sync: The editing was not bad. Though it looks like the zooms needs a lot of improvements because it was pretty choppy. Yes, you do have some nice flow going on here, but the some of the transitions were put in a wrong way and ruptured a few things. The masks were put in kind of weird as well, it's best to not do a still mask like that because then it will just mess everything up.

The scene selections didn't really feel right to me, try putting in some scenes that matches in with the tone and the mood of the music. To me, I don't think that the naruto part was needed so you should have just stayed with using Haruhi & Bleach. Also, you didn't need the text it's best to leave it off.

Quality: The frameblending pretty much annoyed me, so I'm guessing you used Sony Vegas.

To take it of just do this:
How to take off FrameBlending:

Re-View: I can sort of see me re-watching this and most likely not.

Effects: You both pretty much used a lot of effects, maybe if you both concentrated on the concept more then you didn't really need any. The flashes I didn't really like, was too rough and at the wrong time.

Overall: It's not bad... You guys will improve, so don't worry about it. Try doing some new things that you've never done before and you'll experience & learn some new things.

Good luck in future works!
Kisagi
Kisagi

https://www.youtube.com/user/KisagiAMV

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinteki Tue May 14, 2013 1:33 pm

Kisagi wrote:
Concept/Originality: Okay, for this I didn't really get what you both were getting at. With these two sources and the music it seems like a good story and sensitivity was going to be behind it, but it didn't. If you wanted to do something like this then you could have chose another song and maybe it could have worked out better.
so basicly this wasn't really supposed to have any story or something like that we just liked the song and edited randomly xD

Kisagi wrote:
The scene selections didn't really feel right to me, try putting in some scenes that matches in with the tone and the mood of the music. To me, I don't think that the naruto part was needed so you should have just stayed with using Haruhi & Bleach. Also, you didn't need the text it's best to leave it off.
yeah i know naruto part wasn't needed but i ran out of bleach episodes on my computer and we just wanted to upload this >_<, and ill tell my friend about the text

ill try to do something new for my next amv and test some new stuff, ill try to use less of those flashes since i seem to have a problem cause i dont know how to hit a beat correctly if it isnt flash :/
really thanks for the feedback and those tips man ill be sure to post new amv here so i can see if im improving.. hopefully ill get some feedback again cause this is really helping me so i can see what i did wrong not just when someone says its good/bad cause that doesnt really help, thanks man Very Happy
Shinteki
Shinteki

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 14, 2013 5:15 pm

I'll give you my opinion when I'm finished studying...

Back to top Go down

Post by Nos Wed May 15, 2013 5:14 am

well i just watched a whole bunch of amvs so my opinion may be a a little bit harsh so bear with it -.-.
OK in my opinion.
the bleach destroyed the flow and atmosphere that suzumia haruhi's scene created. the flow between u and ur partner was horrible (using bleach was a bad idea). the starting was nice, could have gone better if it went a bit faster.
the text in the haruhi part was unnessesary. After that the bleach destroyed the impact which haruhi created the repetitive use of flashes and color changing to black and white looked horrible (dont eveverever do that again). and random naruto scene comes in .___.
soo in conclusion dont ever use bleach or naruto unless ur partner is using bleach or naruto. using similar style or anime genre anime would of been a good idea. btw tell him, ur parter to not using text unless its nessesary because it can destroy flow and impact so be careful. and destroying eachothers flow is bad >.< . u need to stop using color tinting and flashing repeating the same effect is bad. and u need to work on ur flow and syncing because i find thats the most important thing in an amv. but this is my opinion and like i said it may be a bit harsh so bear with it >.<.
BTWWWW NEEDDSSS MOARRR CAMERRAA SHAKESSS
and btw i did a hidden message in red Very Happy
Nos
Nos
Nero Team
Nero Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinteki Wed May 15, 2013 1:23 pm

nosamvs wrote:well my bear destroyed suzumia haruhi's partner using bleach. After that haruhi created naruto using him to destroy my bear >.<.
xD

well i knew it would be retarded to use bleach/naruto with haruhi but he thought it would be pretty funny xD
ill stop using that black/white stuff and flashes and try to do more thingys with camera, thanks for comment man hope you'll also give me feedback when i post new one so i can see if i am going in the right direction >_>
Shinteki
Shinteki

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 15, 2013 8:12 pm

Most things that I was going to say have been said...

Obviously no story, Naruto too random, I find it hard to believe that you had a lack of bleach clips...so many episodes, Effects were overused and well nothing creative if you know where I'm getting at, it resembles most youtube AMVS these days, you need to work on atmosphere, impact and transitions...fades and brightness and contrast won't work out every time, Pacing was decent but again the use of effects and transitions ruined it. Well nothing special, I suggest planning to use anime that match each other art styles if you go for something as random as this. Good luck with your next.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinteki Wed May 15, 2013 8:16 pm

Kyoroichi wrote:Most things that I was going to say have been said...

Obviously no story, Naruto too random, I find it hard to believe that you had a lack of bleach clips...so many episodes, Effects were overused and well nothing creative if you know where I'm getting at, it resembles most youtube AMVS these days, you need to work on atmosphere, impact and transitions...fades and brightness and contrast won't work out every time, Pacing was decent but again the use of effects and transitions ruined it. Well nothing special, I suggest planning to use anime that match each other art styles if you go for something as random as this. Good luck with your next.

i had lack of bleach clips cause i didnt have more bleach episodes on computer xD
yeah i know about effects and transitions now, thanks a lot guys ill try to do something diffrent in next amv Smile
Shinteki
Shinteki

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down